Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

My One & ONLY Fundraiser Post


While my initial goal has been to simply finish my first marathon, I have set another goal thanks to some awesome teacher-athletes. I teach AP Literature and Composition at Muchin College Prep in downtown Chicago, and a group of teachers have formed a team to raise money for scholarships. As a senior teacher, I am excited to give a gift to next year's seniors for their hard work (and persistence in a rigorous course). I intend to creatively fundraise, rather than dip my hands into friends and family members' pockets, but I thought I'd share one more motivation to get me across that finish line.


The Story (taken from our team's website)


Muchin College Prep is an open enrollment charter school and part of the largest and most successful charter school network in the city of Chicago. The students of our campus come from over 27 zip codes in the city and majority are on free-and-reduced lunch.

Many of our graduating seniors will be the first in their families to attend a four-year college and it is our goal to help them not only get into, but through college by helping those who need it with the financial aid to pay for books and supplies that they might not otherwise be able to afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment